The end is only the beginning

Well folks last night concluded the end of the Hardrock Live Summer Soul Series or any season left in the year. It went out with a bang.

 I'm still painting live at many other places and I even have request to paint at some other venues as well. It still amazes me when I think about 2010 and all that has happened. I am so close yet not close enough to my goals. People seeing from the outside think I'm this busy established artist yet I know my issues and struggles as do the people close to me. I can admit that even I see my growth. I will always be learning, absorbing, thinking and growing as an artist. I think life in general is an excellent teacher. Sometimes you don't see the value in some lessons until much later in life.
On a sadder note there isn't day that doesn't go by where I don't think about my Uncle Darel M. Alston who was killed in January. Its hard to believe he was here, home for 6 months and now he's gone except this time for good. He has been dead for 8 months and everyday there is something in my daily life that reminds me of him.  Something as simple as the raw honey I picked up in the store...the last time I bought any was when I was with him. 
A few nights ago I saw a shooting star and wished a wish. I know he can't be brought back but I hope his spirit lies with GOD.

Comments