I read one of the other blogs that talked about November being national blog month so we are encouraged to post every day for the entire month. I think its a wonderful idea except I don't have anything to blog about daily. You see for me a daily blog requires either excellent writing skills or else your just posting a online diary. Which for some people isn't a bad thing but for me I want to talk about things that would keep peoples attention and keep them coming back for more.
Blogging is not as easy as it seems. I really want to take sometime to sit down and thoroughly learn the art of blogging because it can generate a very handsome income. Which in these times I can definitely use. I have also been inspired by another fellow bloggian to post a list of things I'd like to do before turning 40. That gives me a realistic 5 year time line to accomplish major things in yearly increments. Some things on my list aren't meant for all to see so they are coded for me know only. Nor is this list in any specific order.
The RichAnt's 40 things upon being 40 and Fabulous List...
2. Become addicted to saving and then investing
3. Get my degree in The Fine Arts
4. Sell my art in two major city art galleries
5. Establish home ownership in D.C.
6. Acquire a building for my businesses
7. Open them
8. Own two homes one cottage in a small town and one large row home in the city
9. Own land in the islands
10. Travel to abroad
11. Acquire a small apartment in Europe
12. Sell a painting for $25,000
13. Continue to sell art
14. To become well respected in the Art community
15. Learn to play and instrument
16. Write a book
17. Teach my children the business
18. Master the power of duplication.
23. Tummy tuck
24. Be ready to retire by 45
25. Help my Mommy with her dreams
26. Become a vegetarian
27. Reduce my Eco footprint
28. Sky Dive
29. Sharpen my gun skills
30. Run for a cause marathon
31. Show my children the world
32. Volunteer for the homeless
33. Volunteer for battered women
34. Start a mentor program
35. Do a missions with my church
36. Bring my family (Mom, Uncle, Ex-Husband) to Church
38. Completely 100% Organic
39. Make money from my blog
40. Have a Birthday dinner outside with my family and friends (see last thing on wish list)
Maybe this will encourage you all to establish some sort of to-do list before you turn whatever. It doesn't have to be as long or even 5 years. But do it, print it, post it, and read it daily. Even go in and set a small outline for how you are going to achieve each goal.
Oh yeah and remember even though money is tight for all of us, try to find ways through out your day to say THANK YOU! and pay it forward by passing a blessing along to someone else. Look people in the eyes and smile and say good morning or whatever time of day it is. Let people over while driving, hold the door open, give someone a compliment, treat someone to a soda, and do it just because not expecting anything in return. IT IS GOOD FOR YOUR SOUL!