Day 17 & 18 of 30 Days With God

Oh wow I got so caught up in starting another business and setting the online part of it I forgot to post yesterdays blog. So today is a combination.

On the last entry I was giving you all the back drop of how I ended up here. I left off with Fear Faith and Wisdom.

FEAR
Did you know that the bible teaches on fear in only two contexts? One being good and the other bad. The good fear the bible teaches us about is fear in the Lord. Jehovah God is God of the universe. He is the Alpha and Omega. Fear in this case is more like reverence and respect for God's great and mighty power. Understanding that will give you perfect peace, comfort and joy as one of his children. The bible also teaches us that not having this healthy fear or reverence for the Lord could mean being on the receiving end of his wrath and anger as well. The same way it should be for children and their natural fathers. Proverbs 10:27-29

Now the bad fear the bible teaches about is the spirit of fear. This does not come from God. 2 Timothy 1:7 The spirit of fear paralyzes us. It will cause one to doubt, feel rejected, and ultimately cause us to not walk in our God ordained purpose. It's a tool the enemy uses to keeps us from from walking out our purpose which in turn stops us from being effective in the earth realm.

To overcome this kind of spirit we must learn to trust and love God completely. We must meditate on his word day and night. We must watch what we feed our souls, watch even how we speak over ourselves. We must bring every thought into captivity to the obedience of Christ. God gives us weapons far better than those of the world. Prayer, faith, hope, love, His Word the Bible and the Holy Spirit. 2 Corinthians 10:3-6

Now for the last few months I've had a burden for a space that was big enough to operate as a single chair salon and a art space not just for myself but for others. I say burden because it's not a day or moment that goes by and I'm not thinking about it. The burden grows stronger and stronger. So did the fear until I started on this journey and applying the principles I mentioned above.

FAITH
In Matthew 17:14-21 Jesus was frustrated with his disciples because of their lack of faith when trying to drive out a demon from a young boy. Yet he still encouraged them that even the faith of a mustard seed can move a mountain. If we turn our eyes to God even in prayer and fasting and trust and have faith in Him and not our own abilities we can produce powerful results through Him.

As I look back over my life I truly see how God has kept me. I can think of times when I'd worry about how something was going to get done and week after week, after week, after week, it got done. Now I laugh when I catch myself worrying because he has never forsaken me. NOT ONCE!
Now don't get me wrong I've put myself in some difficult situations and suffered consequences of those bad choices but he kept me.
Saying all that to say whenever I feel a bit of worry trying to sneak in I just look at God's track record. I also carry on as though I believe as well. So I'm finally moving into my new space and believing not doubting it will work.

WISDOM

Wisdom is understanding that trying to expand or start a new business with no money definitely requires faith AND wisdom. Knowing my habits and being completely honest with myself and my capabilities. This is a risky move but quite honestly so was leaving Illusions, leaving C&K and so many other choices I've made. They all worked out for the most part. It was when I wasn't being obedient to God's word and will that I found myself in difficult situations. Like taking care of grown men even when I knew deep inside it was wrong because I was seeking love and satisfaction in the wrong places. Matthew 7:6 Or trying to keep up with the Jones as far as material things etc etc.

This platform will allow for a great place to impact people I may not have had the chance to do so before. It's a positive way through art, healing and love to share Gods word. However to whom much is given much is required. I can't afford to be lazy with so much that is entrusted to me.

and so it begins....

Comments