This current gouache and graphite on paper is different from my usual Colored Study girls because I'm making the colors and the face the center focus. Yet more so the colors.
I had started this piece and set it aside because I wasn't sure if I wanted to add a face. However after watching discovery shows about babies being born with a parasitic conjoined twin it inspired me.

I often feel like I have a parasitic twin sucking the life from out of me. Creatively, spiritually, physically and emotionally. The twin that's alive and vibrant that wants a rich and fulfilling life is myself but I'm also part of this parasite conjoined to my mental, physical and emotional environment.

There are so many parasites we allow to leach off us if we aren't careful. Self doubt can kill you if you keep nursing those negative thoughts that pop up in your head. Fear is the biggest of them all. It paralyzes you. Then there is comfort. If your situation is not uncomfortable enough you won't change it.



Comments

Wow deep and very insightful (now that I've finally read the post). Makes me look at the art piece different also, first uc the colors and the lightness and beauty of it, then after the interpretation a darkness is revealed... Thats the great thing about art it inspires us to think.