Having a little fun...

This week I wanted to paint but I wasn't ready mentally or physically to jump back into a labor intensive layering process of my illustrative style. But I still need to paint for the therapy soooooo. I put a bunch of colors on my pallet and went for it.
I didn't remember to take a picture of the very first layer but this is the second layer and immediately when I stepped back I got excited. 

work in progress
getting better
I knew in my excitement I could get a bit carried away so I went to sleep on it. Then I starred at it for about two days. Then I saw "IT" when I woke up one night to goto to the bathroom. Yeah thats right during a 3am bathroom run I ended up standing in front of my easel with paints and brushes going for it. lol.
I am a mad woman and its one of the pros and cons of having my studio a few feet from my bed haha.

"Urban Decay"
Thats what I was inspired to call it. 
I am still going to tweak some elements but I am very satisfied with the direction its going in. The funny thing is when I first attempted this technique that I learned in a workshop I hated it. But I just had to find my way of applying the techniques in my own creative way I suppose. Before the 3am moment I was thinking the second layer was a great background for a surreal dreamy face.

Comments

Robin said…
I LOVE this! I am finding the same thing is happening with my backgrounds. I stop them at some weird time, like in the middle of the night, or passing by right before dinner, I see the picture. Glad to know I am not the only one! Have a great holiday weekend.