Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow



I am always having the strangest random thoughts. I was thinking how it would be nice to have a bubble bath except I want the one I had when I was a kid when my mom gave me a bath.( I mean that in a normal way seriously) Lol. Maybe that would be possible if I where at some fancy spa where they exfoliate you and then spray you down with spring water or something.
We have been getting a lot of snow here in the DC, MD,VA area and it doesn't seem to be slowing down. Then I read last night on twitter how Chicago had an earthquake. I'm just like what is going on people???? I mean have we torn or planet up to the magnitude that things that don't happen, happen  now? 
I even think about the book of Revelations and wondering is the United States the Great Babylon and this just part of the prophecy.
See what I mean about random thoughts. It's crazy right. Anyway on to more creative talk. I am doing another giveaway over on my newly updated website TheRichAnt.com I have three paintings for three random people who sign up as members to my website. I plan on having workshops, forums, art swaps, monthly challenges and lots of other adventures. I even want to showcase other talented creatives. I have so many ideas brewing in my head. (smiling at all the possibilities) 

As always I have been working on some more paintings. This was inspired by a doodle I did so I decided to make her and add her to the collection of other lovely ladies inspired by hair make and beauty.


Now this one has been a work in progress for awhile. I now realize that doing portraits are not as easy as I thought especially when trying to capture the true essence of the person you are painting. The funny thing about this particular one is her hands. LOL I had the hardest time doing her hands so I gave up. I put a RichAnt twist to it by adding the swirls and circles. Not to mention I was two seconds from adding a tree somewhere. No but seriously my artist friend Natalie Von Raven she pointed out the use of monochrome which as you all know is different from my colorful paintings.


This one is one I did for my Granny's birthday and it was a family tree which looked really nice but I had to do it over simply because the names were kind of an after thought. Even though I did a better job this time I still will do it differently next time. The names that is....I love love love the tree itself. Which I was inspired by Gustav Klimt and Natasha Wescoat and many others. I had so much fun doing endless circles lol.

Well I don't know about yall but I am having fun here in the snow. I have gotten so much painting done...now I'm off to do some more.





Comments