Today was a good day me and my mom went out for brunch. We ate at this really cute Italian restaurant in our neighborhood that was serving late brunch.

We both got frittatas and they were delicious and they came with Mimosa's. Unfortunately I didn't think to photograph my food before eating. But here are some great pictures of other delicious food they serve.

After seeing Julie and Julia Friday night I just can't seem to bring myself to put just any old thing in my belly ever again.

I enjoyed that movie so much that I want to see it again. It not only displayed the love she had for cooking but it displayed the love her and Paul had for one another. The movie showed me how having a passion can be good for the soul. The young lady Julie, who was inspired by Julia was working in a monotonous job when food and blogging gave her a new excitement and of course her husband was wonderful and very supportive as well.

I can't help but sigh just a little as I do have my passion as an artist. I enjoy making and selling my art, doing the youtube videos and blogging...but someone to love that loves and adores me would be quite lovely. I know relationships are work especially in a marriage. Yet I can't seem to imagine achieving my goals and having that special someone. I always picture me in my dream cafe/live-work space/studio alone with my kids and my cats until they move out on their own.

Anyway...after brunch me and my mom went back to her house and napped since we were both up entirely too late the night before. Later while she was down stairs on I was just looking around her room at all her things. Her room smells like her. I love my mom, she is my best friend. When I think about how much I enjoy her I think of how my own daughter must feel about me. It makes me understand why she likes being in my space and around my things.

Today at 9:01 am 15 years ago a little curly head, fushia lipped, long legged, baby girl was born via c-section she was my first born and the first grandbaby on both sides of the family. Happy Birthday baby girl!!!!!!!! Mommy loves you xoxoxo

1111Topsy_Turvey_Birthday_Cake_by_p.jpg Happy Birthday cake image by jbutton68

Comments