Waffle Sundae

I was inspired to do this drawing as part of a food series I wanted to do. Like I'm sure I've said before I'm all over the place with my art. I have ideas spilling out of my head to the point it sometimes paralyzes me. I won't know what to start on first or where too start.

Anyway this one was born out of boredom while sitting at work. I carry around a sketch book in my purse constantly. You never know when the idea or inspiration is going to hit you.
This was done with graphite pencil, prismacolor pencils, and prismacolor markers. Then sprayed with primacolor fixative to perserve and protect.

Strawberry Sundae Waffle
1 container (1lb) fresh strawberries hulled and sliced
2 tablespoons orange juice
1 1/2 teaspoons sugar
2 cups biscuit mix (bisquick)
1 1/3 cups milk
1 egg
2 tablespoons oil
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
9 cups vanilla ice cream
6 tablespoon whipped topping
Chocolate sauce for drizzling

Makes 12 servings (1/2 stack each)

1. Heat oven to 200*. In medium- size bowl, toss together strawberries, orange juice, and sugar.
Refrigerate.
2. Heat a waffle maker following manufacturer's instructions. (square or round) In a large bowl, combine biscuit mix, egg, oil,vanilla and cinnamon.
3. Make waffles per manufactures instructions. Keep waffles warm on rack of 200* oven while cooking next batch (you will need 12 waffles or sections.)
4. To serve: Place one waffles or waffles section on a plate. Top with 1 1/2 cups ice cream, 1/2 cup of strawberry mixture and a second waffle. Add a few more strawberries and dollop with on tablespoon whipped topping. Drizzle with chocolate sauce and serve.

per 1/2 stack 330 calories; 12g fat (5g sat.); 8g protein; 49g carbs; 1g fiber; 348mg sodium; 47mg cholesterol Recipe by Julie Miltenberger

Fruit smoothie anyone?
This one was the original food series that I did as part of a thirty day challenge on GaryReef.ning.com. Its acrylic on scrapbook paper.

Comments