Act like a lady, think like a man? oooh please!!!!



Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man: What Men Really Think about Love, Relationships, Intimacy, and Commitment

Okay I just can't take it anymore!!!!

Ladies please stop!!!! Steve Harvey is not the guru of relationships! This man is on his third marriage. 

I read the book in like one day. Yes it was good and funny however it wasn't nor will it ever be a book I will refer to as my dating handbook.
Some of these things are just common F@3*ing since. 

I mean don't get me wrong there are some small epiphanies in there. Like men really are a totally different species of homosapiens than their female counter parts. So YES they have and always will think completely different from women.

But that book is not the damn GOSPEL!!!!!!!

Okay listen I'm all for women like myself out there in the dating world being empowered....but use the good common since God gave you. Steve Harvey and all the others want to help, I really do believe this. But even more they are business $$$$ men who know there are a bunch of clueless women who want a clue.

I'm no Saint when it comes to dating and relationships. I myself have hung in some mess way too long before I finally realized my worth. I too have fallen for everything and not stood for something. 

All I'm saying is with men "It just is what it is" they are just that simple. When one really truly cares for you, they make it very crystal clear. There will be no late night sessions on the phone with your BFF trying to figure out what he means when he says or does this and that. Because if he is really into you he is going to want to stake his claim before someone else does. That's just how men are with their stuff. Also he will make you feel like your special. Dating and relationships should feel good for the most part. If it doesn't than why are you staying? Hellooooo!

Oh and if you keep attracting dogs its because your wounded...dogs can sniff out wounded pray. They will bypass the healthy animal and go right for that wounded animal every time. You see its way to much work for a no good man (dog) to catch a strong, secure, woman who knows her worth. The same as a Dog(canine) doesn't chase after a healthy animal. The weak are easier to break down and devourer.


Okay now....read the book if you wish but work on loving yourself. That's what I'm doing and I'm having a lot of fun. However there are a lot more books out there for you to read if you want some more....


These are ones that a few of my friends recommend.  But they all go back too knowing your worth and not settling for just any old piece of man just because your lonely.

I'm lonely too but what I do have is family that loves me in spite of me, friendships that fulfill me and a passion for the arts. 

Don't get me wrong I would love a "nice stiff one" but it takes more than just a physical connection to satisfy me I'm way too complex and creative for that.

Comments

rachaelgking said…
"But they all go back too knowing your worth and not settling for just any old piece of man just because your lonely."

So true. And once you really know that? You don't need any damn book. Time will deliver it if you're ready for it, and it sounds like you are :-)