I having so much fun I that I don't want it to end...



Today is Tuesday and its my last day off. Then It's back to the salon I go. Ever since Friday I have been having a ball. Friday was my first art exhibition at the CASRAM (CanASistaRockAMic) music and art festival here in downtown Silver Spring, Maryland. I was part of a ten woman show. Although there were only four visual artist the others were Graphic, and Jewelry art. 

Earrings by Michela Wariebi.

Then there is this ever so wonderful pouch that I got from another artist who designs jewelry from upcycled materials and she designs clothes and she creates visual art.



I have a few shots of some of the visual artist who were also on display and I must say its so fun to get out and see face to face the different styles other than my own. 






Now below are some of my art that was on display
Below was a piece created specifically for this event which was the LadyX Media Disdain
where artist had to portray our interpretation of the media's deconstruction of the female prototype. So here is what I came up with..."She's Coming Undone" mixed media"



A better view at home...




There were others I had on display but I was too busy trying to network and mingle so forgive my photos please.

Saturday was the day festivities outside in the corridor and the locals got a concert with a variety of female artist. Alison Carney. Black Alley Featuring "Kacey", YahZarah, Shae Foil and more. This week there will be more and I will painting live at Station 9. 




 I must admit I'm having so much fun as RichAnt the artist. This past Sunday I did my thang with Black Alley at Liv nightclub and tonight I'll be at The Loft doing the weekly Hardrock Live its all exposure is fun and hard work but I love it. I get so high from it. I just wish it was what I did full time for a honest living. Not that doing hair isn't honest....its just there is this barrier a lot of times between me and that canvas and its called "THE CLIENT". Most days they are cool, easy going and they trust that I'm going to take good care of them. Then there are those that are demanding, picky, whiny, and annoying. And unfortunately they rub me the wrong way like sand paper. God knows I'm not trying to block my blessings. So I smile and try to keep it moving. Trying to be grateful for having a skill that hasn't really been affected by the recession. 
It's time for me too move on to this new chapter and close the book on this old one...
Here is a link to a montage of all the events up until now.


Well folks catcha lata with more news, pics and musings of whatever spills out of my head. Untill then peace and blessings.

Comments